Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Amazon is tagging too

It's not clear exactly when did this happen, but Amazon is gradually introducing tags into its service. See Techcrunch for details. I just hope they didn't patent it :)

I love Amazon's recommendation engine, and tagging certainly has the potential to make it even better.

I was just thinking, that in order for users to come up with unorthodox usages for tags (a-la Flickr's deleteme), there has to be some sort of bulletin board in the service. Without it, new tagging conventions would be much slower to emerge.


Technorati : , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , ,

1 comment:

Eran Davidov said...

Hmmm. A couple of years ago I bought my brother a whole set of AD&D rule books. Amazon's recommendations engine had a hard time understanding this was a one time thing.

They've finally stopped recommending more AD&D books to me :)